All about a nice dessert Let share my recipe for Basil ice Cream !!
- 150g fresh basil leaves and stalks
- 120g caster sugar
- 4 medium egg yolks
- 250ml full cream milk
- 150ml pot double cream
- Raspberries and extra basil leaves, to garnish
How to make basil ice cream
1. Put the basil and the sugar into a small food processor and whiz until the basil is finely chopped and the sugar turns bright green.
2. Whisk the egg yolks with the basil flavoured sugar in a bowl until thick and creamy.
3. Warm the milk then whisk it into the egg mixture. Strain the mixture back into the pan and cook over a low heat, stirring until it is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon. Do not let it boil. Pour into a chilled bowl and leave to cool.
4. When this custard is cold, whip the cream and fold it in. Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the instructions. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, Tips!
if you don’t have any ice cream machine, freeze the ice cream for several hours or overnight, Blend with food processor and you will get a nice ice cream
5. Take the container out of the freezer and put into the fridge for 10-15 minutes before serving, to let it soften.
Now, Enjoy your dessert with a nice roasted figs with your basil ice crean with raspberry coulis !
Wash the video